Thursday 20 September 2007

Our findings from Expo07

So back from Llandudno and back to work today, I guess it would do to describe some of the sights sounds and smells of Expo07: Well the first day was a bit of a dissapointint start to be perrfectly honest and was ill organised but the second day showed a big improvement and with that we found it to be much more succesfull.

In terms of benifits to the charity we got some good links with other organisations and some interested parties in volunteering, awareness training and transcription services across Wales. Our profile was also raised which of course is always a benifit too.

Personal development wise, i got some more workshops on coaching and imporoving the mind/memory. I also got to hear from a number of speakers about their lives and exeriences which although varied in quality still all gave me something to think about and learn from. I also managed to circulate my own buisness cards and project details aroud so that people can get in contact with me further down the line. I feel like my networking skills are really improving and my ability to talk work related nothingness is coming on in leaps and bounds.... a skill that im especially proud of (for if you can talk rubbish to people and keep them interested you get more facetime and therefore remain in their memory for longer)!

Questions on the event would be answered happily if i get any but apart from taht i shall sign off!
tara

No comments: